An information technology professional since 1977, Steve offers CIO-level business consulting, business analysis, and web application development services. He will be your CIO for an hour, a day, a week, or more. He will manage your Information Technology projects and make sure that your vendors deliver what they have promised. See the Services Offered page for more details.
Curriculum Vitae for Steve Diamond
Results-oriented, innovative IT professional with extensive experience in business analysis, software design and development. Individual contributor who thrives on collaboration. Articulate, skilled communicator with technical and non-technical people. Proven ability to exceed expectations of internal and external customers by analyzing requirements and implementing cost-effective, forward-looking systems. Hands-on expertise in n-tier architecture, .NET applications, databases, web technologies.
- Saved one client $150,000.00 (40%) on a software development project contract by analyzing the vendor’s proposal and working with the vendor to simplify the software architecture and streamline the features.
- Saved one client over $100,000.00 by helping to renegotiate a contract with their primary software vendor.>
- Enabled start-up loyalty marketing company to launch under budget and under schedule by analyzing all enterprise processes and architecting n-tier software for partner extranet, customer portal, marketing analysis and CRM applications. Led successful implementation for 40 partners having 1,500,000 customers.
- Enabled rapid transition to more efficient application platform for all agent-facing and customer-facing Service Delivery software by contributing key analysis and integration development. Deployed in new environment in under eight weeks.
- Built lasting, profitable relationships with customers of systems vendor by configuring enterprise accounting systems to fit their business models and workflow requirements. Performed analysis, design, development, customization, installation and conversion of systems for more than 40 medical practices, manufacturers, wholesalers, retail distributors, construction contractors.
- Enhanced revenue and prestige for systems vendor by selling a Fortune 250 client on companyï¿½s ability to deliver specialty accounting system. Followed through by leading eight analysts and programmers in successful analysis, design, and implementation.
- Delighted internal customers in consumer tax software customer service operations by initiating innovative means for them to change time-sensitive messaging on customer support web site. Given recognition and monetary award for outstanding professional achievement.
- Increased cost-effectiveness of customer service by initiating new self-service channels via IVR, CTI, Internet. Presented project plans to executive committee, gained sponsorship, led successful implementation.
- Enabled early adopter clients to realize market advantage by designing and implementing web-enabled multimedia database catalog applications prior to widespread availability of similar systems.
- Business analysis
- Program Management
- Project management
- Project planning/budgeting
- Systems analysis
- Systems design/programming
- Database design/programming
- Component design/programming
- UI design/programming
- User relations/consulting/support
- Executive presentation/influence
- Staff mentoring/management
- Web application architecture
- Client-server application architecture
- CRM applications
- Call center applications
- Customer service
- Hospital information systems
- Enterprise accounting systems
- Medical practice management systems
- Wholesale distribution systems
- Manufacturing systems
- Marketing analysis
- Multimedia applications
- Yii Framework
- MS SQL Server
- MS Access
- MS Project
- MS Visio
Steve is a long-term resident of Tucson, Arizona. He works with clients primarily in the U.S. and Canada.